Van EDC Regular Meeting – Open to Public
Monday, February 23, 2015- 7:00 PM
VAN EDC REGULAR MEETING MONDAY, February 23, 2015 Notice is hereby given that the Van EDC will be holding a regularly scheduled meeting at 7:00 pm at the Van Community Center, 310 Chestnut Street, Van, Texas.
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are as follows: Order of Business: According to policy BE (LOCAL), the order of business for regular board meetings shall be as set out in the agenda accompanying the notice of the meeting. The order in which posted agenda items are taken may be changed by consent of all members present.
The Board may conduct a closed meeting when the agenda subject is one that may properly be discussed in closed meeting.
I. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
A. Roll Call and Establish a Quorum
B. Opening Prayer
C. Pledge of Allegiance
II. OPEN SESSION
IV. Director’s Report
1. Grants from TxDot Tap Funding for Candidate Projects.
2. Update on Theatre construction time.
3. Update on Downtown Antique light Poles
4. Update on timetable for Love’s Truck Stop Hotel & Meeting with Kevin McCarthy
5. Update on Park Row Business Park.
V. INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION
VI. CONSENT AGENDA
A. Consider/approve minutes of the Regular Meeting of January 26, 2015
B. Approval of Monthly Expenditures for December 2014.
VII. ACTION ITEMS
1. Consider/approve C.L. Kotlarz Construction Agreement
2. Consider/approve the purchasing of a table for the Chamber Of Commerce Banquet for $250.
3. Vote on motion to approve of Underwriting the Academic Foundation Recognition Banquet for $1,030.
4. Vote on motion to approve the firm CPA Barbara Bass or Gary Camp to setup the Van EDC Financial books.
5. Vote on motion to approve the Downtown Beautification Program Cost (Street Lights, Street Name Signs and Antique Clock).
6. Vote on motion for the council to request the auditing firm to change the account name showing the EDC CD for $108,052 from the City Water & Sewer fund to show it being from the EDC funds.
7. Vote on motion to put out bids to restore the building at 165 Main St.
VIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Convene in closed session under Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551,sections: 551.071 Private consultation with the Board’s attorney; 551.072 Discussing purchase,exchange, lease, or value of real property; 551.073 Discussing negotiated contracts for prospectivegifts or donations; 551.074 Discussing personnel or to hear complaints against personnel; 551.076Considering the deployment, specific, occasions for, or implementation of security, personnel ordevices; 551.082IX.