Attention: Because of City of Van policy, the Venue must be Changed!!!
Van Economic Development Corporation is sponsoring a Community-Wide Meeting
Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Van Community Center
There will be a gathering at the Van Community Center on Sunday afternoon to show support for a project that could greatly benefit Van and its citizens. The Van Economic Development Corporation has been negotiating for about two months with the owners of Autumn Wind Assisted Living in Mineola, in hopes that they will locate their next facility in Van. At this point, we have a beautiful tract of land available for purchase, and we need to show these people that our Community is anxious for them to bring their next business here. It is essential for the entire community to show that we are encouraging them to make the move here. This project will bring at least twenty-five to thirty new jobs along with a six million dollar increase to our tax base. The jobs and the tax benefits are not the bottom line, but proper care for our family members is. We want to be able to provide a way for retirees who need help in their later years to remain in the area.
We don’t just need 25 people to show up…WE NEED 300 or even more. Progress like this is what we need to revitalize our community, and we mean the whole Van ISD Area Community. We need representation from each of the surrounding towns within a fifteen mile radius from Van. We want church and community leaders, school personnel, and all interested citizens. You do not need to be of an age to use such a place at this time, we just need to stand up for those who would like to be able to live out the rest of their life in a quality establishment here in their home area without having to move off.
Please meet with us this Sunday at 3 o’clock. A representative will be here to explain the program that Autumn Wind provides and answer any questions that you and your loved ones would like to ask. If you would like to email back the number of people that will be coming with you that would be great. That would allow us to plan better for the meeting.
Community Leaders, Parents, Children of Seniors & Area Citizens are encouraged to attend to find out about an Assisted Living/Retirement Facility in Van.
Your attendance is essential to show area support for this facility. We must have representatives from Van and within a 20 mile radius. Please come!
· Van Lion’s Club 2nd Annual 3-ON-3 Basketball Tournament
· Saturday, May 17th, 2014, at Van High School Gym – Starting time TBA
· Fundraiser to benefit the Van Lions Club and their many service projects.
· Four divisions – Adult (oldest player is beyond high school), High School (grades 9-12), Jr. High (grades 7-8) and Middle School (grades 4-6)
· Registration fee is $60.00 per team with registration deadline May 2nd. All teams must be preregistered. There will be no “walk ups”.
· Entry forms available at Van ISD campuses, Austin Bank in Van and Vandal Nation Station. Great opportunity for community involvement.