Archive for the ‘Featured News’ Category
2015 Spring Soccer Season
Don’t be late to Register for
Van Soccer Association 2015 Spring Season!
Tell all your friends to:
Late Registration Begins Sunday January 25!
There will be a $5.00 per player increase!
The website also offers a Registration Form to download and fill out, which you can bring to:
Van Community Center
January 24, between 10 am and 2 pm
– Late Registration
January 31, between 10 am and 2 pm
Team Coaches will draft players on Saturday, February 7 from fully paid registrations. Season opening is planned for Saturday, March 7 allowing for practices before the first game.
Location: Van Community Center
online – email@example.com
Saturdays: January 24, and 31
Time: 10am – 2pm
$65 / child
$60 / first sibling
$55 / each additional
Beginning January 25 there will no longer be a $5.00 per player discount for registering through the online system.
What to bring:
Credit Card for online
for VSA to file
Draft: February 7
Call / text
Join the United Methodist Women of Hawkins First UMC for a Women’s Prayer Workshop.
Saturday, January 24 – 9:30 AM to 2 PM
Led by Rev. Beverly Tune – FUMC Emory & Alba
Tickets are $10 and available from Church office – 903-769-2973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to reserve your ticket.
Come and Explore different ways to pray and connect with God.
H & R Block Open House & Ribbon Cutting
January 8, 2015 – 9 AM to 7 PM
414 West Main – Van
Refreshments will be served and those who come in to the office will receive a gift just for stopping in.
Thursday of Grand Re-opening and ACA Q&A Day only 9am to 7pm!
Regular office hours – Monday – Saturday – 9am to 5pm,
Van’s H&R Block office is under new management and the office interior has remodeled this year. The interior reception area and Tax Pro offices have been updated with fresh paint, new furniture, carpet and other furnishings. Returning clients will be pleased to meet their Tax Pros this year in a fresh new environment.
It’s also National Affordable Care Act Question and Answer Day. Anyone may come in to receive an ACA Tax Impact Analysis, a personalized review of how your taxes will be affected by the Affordable Care Act. It is no charge and no appointment is necessary. If you received the Advance Premium Tax Credit to help lower the cost of your health care plan, we’ll provide clear guidance on how this will affect your tax refund. If you did not have health insurance and have to pay a penalty, we’ll walk you through all the possible ways you may qualify for an exemption.We’ll also help you look ahead at 2015 and help you understand your options so you can plan for the future.
If your tax return is impacted this year, we will explain what you can do in the future to eliminate or reduce the impact. This is in addition to our industry-leading training that requires the highest level of certification every year for our experts. Our tax experts, who are ACA specialists, will leave no stone unturned as we prepare your taxes so that you get back the maximum refund.
Kim Chitty, Franchise Associate Area Manager
We have been invited to go to Soulman’s BBQ for the January 2015 meeting!!!
The Van Area Chamber of Commerce will be holding their monthly meeting Tuesday, January 6, @ 11:45 am at Soulman’s BBQ restaurant. (Actual meeting begins at 12 Noon – 11:45 allows you time to get your food, if you wish to do so.)
Soulman’s BBQ has your meal available upon arrival by going through their buffet and choose what you desire and pay before you sit down. The meeting will be happening on the West side of the restaurant in the right hand corner.
Bring your business card – individual or business – we will have a drawing.
Come hear a few words from Chamber member Roger Johnson, EDC Director let us know about plans for Van for 2015.
All are welcome! See you there!
2904 E Interstate 20
Van, TX 75790
11:45 – 1:00 pm.
Fred Pryor Training available – Safety & Security Begins at the Front Desk
|Take the first line of defense against security breaches, safety concerns and volatile situations
– Learn how to evaluate visitor access to your organization and increase security in your lobby and front desk area.
– Discover foolproof ways to discourage guests from ‘finding their own way’ through your facility.
– Know the very best responses to a variety of emergency situations – from bomb threats to fire to medical emergencies.
– Find out how you should respond when weapons are involved.
– Learn how to effectively defuse angry, out-of-control employees or visitors, and regain commend of sensitive situations.
– Explore ways to empower yourself and bolster your confidence so that you come across as a strong, take-charge professional who can’t be intimidated.
Fred Pryor Seminars
5700 Broadmoor, Suite 300
Mission KS 66202
Now Only $ 119
regularly priced $ 149
Group discounts with 5 or more
with the following special offer code
Special Offer Code 791186*
Offer expires 1/23/2015
Questions – please call
Dallas TX – 1-21-2015
Fort Worth TX – 1-22-2015
The Van United Methodist Church
wishes to invite the community of Van to the
Annual Christmas Eve Candle Lighting Service
on December 24 at 7 PM.
Come worship and celebrate the birth of Jesus.
– 20th Annual Van Area Oil & Historical Museum Community Christmas Program and Derrick Lighting – 6 PM
Come and enjoy a Christmas program, homemade cookies, hot chocolate or hot apple cider. Use this time to fellowship with friends and neighbors while viewing the newly remodeled Museum. Santa will also be a special visitor for the children. The winners of the Business/Churches lighting contest will also be announced.
also– 2014 Tour of Homes – benefiting the 2015 Project Graduation
The Spirit of Christmas
Van Businesses and Churches
Christmas Lighting Contest
Sponsored by the Van Area Chamber of Commerce
Ready for your participation.
Judging will take place on Dec 5.
Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places and awarded at the Annual Derrick Lighting at the Van Oil Museum
December 6, 2014 at 6 PM
Van Kiwanis is raising funds to stamp out tetanus disease.
For $25 you could win:
– An I-Pad Air – from Dwayne Wheeler’s Farmers Insurance – Value $435
– An Escort Pump Action Shotgun – from Second Amendment Rights and Constable, Precinct 4 in Ben Wheeler – Value $300
– A 10X Custom Made Felt Cowboy Hat – from the Hat Doctor in Ben Wheeler- Value $200
– A Whirlpool Microwave Oven – from Jordan’s Video & Appliance – Edom – Value $100
– A quilt with pillow cases – from Van Kiwanis donor – Value $100
– A Brookshires gift card – from Brookshires in Van – Value $100
– A Custom Made Vinyl Sign – from Vandal Nation Station in Van -Value $50
– Dinner Gift Card – from Tankersley Real Estate in Van – Value – $50
– Wal-Mart Gift Car – from Van Kiwanis donor – Value $50
– 85 Years of Oil Rich Years in Van – 3 framed photos from 1930s – from Tankersley Real Estate
– T-shirt and ball cap – from Leon B’s and a Ball Cap from the Coupe’s Cafe – Value $30
All proceeds go to the Kiwanis International’s Eliminate Project. This project began in 2011 and is targeted to end at the end of 2015. Its purpose is to eliminate maternal neo-natal tetanus disease in third world countries today. The 5 year goal is $110 million dollars; thus far $70 million has been raised. The Van Kiwanis Club 5 year pledge is $5,550 each year.
A space can be purchased at the Kiwanis Noon Luncheons at the Van Community Center every Thursday from now through December 11, 2014. If you have any questions, please contact a Kiwanis Member.